Hi, I noticed that the option is there to enter the name and email address in comments for my cell phone and tablet. The option is not there on my laptop version.

Can you please update the computer/laptop version to include them also?

Thank you!

Hi again,

For better result, you can provide your site url, so i can take a look.

Joe

This reply has been marked as private.

It looks great on desktops, laptops, smartphones and tablet.
volthemes.com/demo/marlin-lite

It’s not recommended to modify theme files – as changes will be overwritten when the
theme is updated. we recommend using a child theme.

What is a child theme?

Is that suppose to add the option to leave their name, email and website under the comment box as it shows on my cell and tablet? I don’t understand why you can’t add this on your end, after all it’s already added to cell phones and tablets.

I don’t want to change my theme, and just like a message I left about the hentry errors, any modifications will be gone upon having an update. It has to be done on your end, you developed the theme.

I hope you can do this, I would appreciate it.

Patsy

Hi,

If you’re need to modifying a theme, then we recommend using a child theme and the changes will not be overwritten when the theme is updated.

For more about child theme, please refer to: http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Joe

Hi, I looked up child themes and they are if you want to make changes to a parent theme for fonts, sizes, colors. It does state that manual changes made up editing the code in theme files will get overwritten by updates.

It’s states messing around with the codes is dangerous even if you know what you are doing. By performing changes to any code, you run the risk of damaging your theme and this will cause a lot of headache and a waste of time trying to repair it.

I don’t understand why you can’t add it to the pages and posts on laptop versions? You did with the cell phones and tablets. You created this theme so I don’t get it.

You must be logged in to reply in this thread.